- Category: Uncategorised
- Published on Thursday, 14 June 2012 17:22
- Written by Simon Sinclair
- Hits: 1776
SWIMMER OF THE YEAR AWARD
The Swimmer of the Year shall hold the Trophy for a period of one year subject to the Association’s conditions. The swimmer(s) will receive a personal memento recording the award.
The following are the criteria to be used to select the Warwickshire Swimmer of the Year:
1. The award is to reflect the achievement of an individual competing in any discipline at the highest possible level in open competition that would add distinction and recognition to the name of the nominee, their club and the Association.
2. The award shall be made to a nominee who was a member of a club affiliated to the Association from the beginning of the year under review and has not represented another county in the same year. Where possible the nominee would be expected, if called upon, to be available for Association representative competition and/or participation in the Association’s Annual Individual Championships. ("Where possible" refers to an international or other athlete whose training or other commitments sometimes prevents them competing for the Association.)
3. In the event that the achievements of more than one nomination result in difficulty in obtaining an outright nominee, then the “Swimmer of the Year Points Table” where relevant is to be used to decide who the nominee should be.
4. Any Officer, Executive Member, or club shall be eligible to make a nomination. The name, together with the details supporting the nomination, must be forwarded to the Swimming Secretary by 31st October for the swimming year ended 30th September.
5. The Swimming Technical Committee shall appoint a sub-committee to consider any nominations submitted to, or made by them, using the laid down criteria for the selection. They shall make the nomination known to the Executive, for their approval, at its next meeting.
6. If in the opinion of the Executive there is no outstanding nominee in a year the award shall not be made for that year.
7. When, exceptionally, 2 or more nominees have an equally strong claim the Executive may decide to make the award jointly.
Swimmer of the year
(all disciplines from 2006)
1963 Robert Lord 1964 Robert Lord 1965 Robert Lord 1966 Janice Lawson 1967 Sheena Grant
1971 Martin Edwards 1972 Martin Edwards 1973 Martin Edwards 1974 Dean Smith 1975 David Parker
1976 Debbie Rudd 1977 Debbie Rudd 1978 Kim Wilkinson 1979 Gareth Sykes 1980 Maxine Charles
1981 Gareth Sykes 1982 Paul Easter 1983 Paul Howe 1984 Joanne Seymour 1985 Not presented
1986 Nicola Kennedy 1987 Ruth Knight 1988 Joanna Coull 1989 David Parker 1990 Caroline Piggot
1991 Blayne Hughes 1992 Sukie Brownsdon 1993 Marie Hardiman 1994 Marie Hardiman 1995 Adam Ruckwood
1996 Jo Deakins 1997 Adam Ruckwood 1998 Adam Whitehead & Georgina Lee 1999 Not presented
2000 Georgina Lee 2001 Georgina Lee 2002 Adam Whitehead 2003 Grace Callaghan 2004 Georgina Lee
2005 Not presented 2006 Judy Wilson (M) 2007 Elizabeth Smith (Sy) 2008 Eleanor Simmonds (D) 2009 Not presented
2010 Not presented 2011 Tully Kearney (D) 2012 Yvette Baker (Sy)